13 Best Two-Piece Bands
1. Royal Blood: Old school rock at it’s finest – with a very big sound.
2. Black Keys: More often with other band members these days, but oh boy, when they started out!
3. White Stripes: It’s good to see where it all started!
4. Honeyblood: Queens of the two-piece from Glasgow. Great vocals!
5. Voodoo Binmen: Very heavy and aggressive – so much energy!
6. Table Scraps: Fuzzy and loud, this Birmingham based duo really hammer it home.
7. Death From Above 1979: Now disbanded but pioneers in this space.
8. Japandroids: Canadian power-rock duo.
9. RAD FRU: The look is as good as the music – with sweet riffs.
10. DZ Deathrays: Straight outta Bundaberg with a dance/punk bullet.
11. Drenge: Brit grunge two-piece with a great melodic sound.
12. Slaves: About as garage/punk as you’re going to get from a two-piece.
13. No Age: Going strong since 2005 with their experimental punk.
Update: 15th September 2018
I got a message from Andy Cavaluzzi telling me about his two-piece (drums/bass) band, Locate Your Lips, from Milwaukee. What makes them interesting is that they were playing like this in 1981! Props to Andy as a pioneer in this space.